Friday, 19 September 2014

Soft and cuddly


White blouse by Mint&Berry
Skirt by New Look






Comfortable is notably all the rage this season and I couldn’t be happier! I mean, what’s not to like about soft fabrics to feel all warm and fuzzy. Sitting by the fire on a snowy day with a thick and cosy blanket, reading a good old fashioned novel… In case you haven’t noticed: I love wintertime. Too bad I don’t actually have a fire, so I’ll just be sitting by the radiator. You’ve got to admit though, it doesn’t really have a nice ring to it. So I’ll just go on and imagine myself sitting by a warm and beautiful open fire, preferably with twinkling Christmas lights draped over the mantelpiece (à la the Christmas scene in Sherlock season 2 episode 1).

©BBC
Right, before I get to carried away: this trend is all about soft fabrics for skirts. Wools, flannels that sort of thing. If you like it, even in soft pastels. I combined my skirt by New Look with a white blouse by Mint&Berry and I wore black Mary Janes by T.U.K..

Mary Janes by T.U.K.


You could wear a turtleneck jumper with the skirt as well, to go even further with the comfy look (and to stay warm when it’s actually winter). I like this look best with heels, but you could go for an even more casual look by wearing a pair of ankle boots.

Easy does it, so don't go thinking to hard about the combination. If you feel good in it, it's all good!

Simply wear something that’s comfortable for you, after all that’s what this trend is all about. You can make it cute, sparkly, casual,… it’s up to you!

Necklace by Morgan

Your thoughts?

Looking forward to wintertime? What’s your winter fantasy? Are you in with the comfy trend or would you much rather dress up more?
Love, Kitty.




2 comments:

  1. Nice look!
    You are very beautiful!♥
    Follow<3

    http://youaroundmyworld.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete