Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Green girl


Green dress by JBC




Summer is gone, but does that mean you can’t wear your summer dresses anymore? No, of course not. Some dresses can serve you perfectly well through the transition from summer to fall. Just try it out. Add a pair of stockings and a jacket, et voilĂ .

Sunglasses by Vogue Eyewear
Bag found hidden away with old stuff from my mother #hiddentreasures

I should warn you, though, not all dresses look well with dark stockings so look in the mirror before you leave the house. If you’re feeling like an idiot, you should probably try a different dress. Just saying. If you can’t figure it out, you may always send me a picture of you wearing the summer dress in autumn-modus and then I’ll try to figure it out for you.



Grey jacket by Mexx
Boots by Sacha

I went for the green dress, because I wanted to show you that you don’t necessarily need to buy new things to be “en vogue”. A trend this autumn/winter season is green. Army green, grass green, … all green. I bought this dress last spring at JBC, so who’s going to tell me I can’t wear it now. So take a dive in your own closet before you rush to the stores. 

Beads and other materials by Veritas

Something else I’d like to show are the jewellery I’m wearing. I made those myself in less than an hour. What I want to tell you with this is: there is no better way to make your style and outfit unique than to add something homemade. It’s fun, it’s creative, it’s a piece of you. I really recommend trying this out for yourself. If you don’t want to buy all the tools, you can easily join a workshop. Try it!

Make-up products by Farmasi cosmeticsKryolan and The Body Shop

To make the line above my eyes, I used a product that's new to me. It’s a smokey eyeliner by The Body Shop. I love it. You can make it look just as dramatic as a liquid eyeliner, but it’s softer and therefore blends with the rest of the make-up more easily. The best perks of this eyeliner are: it’s much easier to apply and you can still correct a little. Two things that are basically  none existent with liquid eyeliner.

Your thoughts?

Would you wear a summer dress during autumn? How about green? Your colour or do you prefer something else?
Love, Kitty.


No comments:

Post a Comment