Monday, 15 September 2014

Beauty is…

Beauty can be many things

What exactly is beauty? Is it how someone looks, the right clothes, the right make-up? No, beauty can be many things and it’s different for each individual. Beauty isn’t just about aesthetics. Beauty is about finding peace, calm and harmony in everyday things. It’s a feeling, an emotion. It can be nature and art or love, friendship and spirituality,… It can be a way to find more balance in life, to make sense of things.


What it means to me

For me beauty is something I seek in everything I do. I don’t look for it consciously, it sneaks up on me and strikes me. It feels like the warmth of the sun hitting my heart. I find this feeling in so many things: a beautiful landscape, the vibrant colour of a flower, spending time with family, hearing a piece of extraordinary music, but also in a well-balanced outfit or beautiful make-up. It can be small, it can be big. The more you keep your eyes open for it, the more it’ll hit you. That’s what I want to do: keep my eyes open and start to consciously look. Too many days are passing without us really taking notice, I want to break through this. This blog is my way of doing exactly that. It’s my way to search for my place in the world. I want this blog to not just be an inspiration for myself, but for others as well. Don’t get yourself stuck in one way of living if that way does not fit you. Find out what drives you and find your own way.
My beautiful family

My hopes for this blog

I have quite high hopes for this blog. One could argue that it might be wiser not to put the bar so high from the very beginning, but why not? Why should we not challenge ourselves? How can we ever break through if we never challenge ourselves? That is why I hope my blog can be an inspiration to others, to you and also to myself. I would like to use this blog to keep track of everything that drives me, my passions, hobbies, interests,… To give it all more purpose and depth. If I can touch even just one person by doing all this, that would be absolutely marvellous.

This blog is for you

Last but not least I want you, the reader, to know that this blog is also meant for you. Is there any subject you would like me to write about? Do you have any questions whatsoever? Is there anything I may be able to help you with? Please, do feel free to contact me so I can look into it!

Your thoughts?

I am interested, what does beauty mean to you? Let me know in the comments!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you’ll come back for more.

Love, Kitty.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment